My Queer Life and Work as a Metamorphosexual; from Het, to Bi, to Lesbian, to Ecosexual.
A Show & Tell Lecture Presentation & Discussion
After having sex with 3,452 men, 371 women, and 83 1/2 trans people, Annie Sprinkle has come out as eco-sexual. Last summer she married her long time lover, the Earth. Today Annie lives with her girlfriend, Beth and her doggie Bob in San Francisco, and tours the globe doing art projects about love, sex, breast cancer, queer weddings, and sexecoloogy. All along the way, Sprinkle takes on “feminists,” neo-Nazis, censors, cynics and mainstream ideas of what’s appropriate for her age. Sprinkle has been a sex worker rights activist for over 3 decades and was the first porn star to get a Ph.D. She will share some of her life’s work, do mini-performances, and stimulate discussion.
- This presentation can be done in a theater space, or lecture hall.
- VHS video projector. (NTSC) Yes, I use videotapes because I can’t get quality copies to DVD.
- Need one technician to run the equipment. If lights and the video deck are in different spots, we’ll need one or two more people to assist.
- Projection screen (not too small!)
- CD player with speakers for music.
- DVD player
- If the sound of the microphone and sound of the videos goes into same speakers, then a sound mixing board is needed to run sound from video along with microphone sound at the same time and to be able to vary the volume levels.
- The best lighting situation possible. A spotlight is great if you can get it.
- One large conference table, or two smaller ones, to display my wares.
- A handheld microphone with a cord long enough to cover the stage area. A back up mic is always good if there is a problem.
- Data projector, for use with my MacBook Pro computer, with the right cables for projecting it, and sound cable to hear the computer audio. A remote is nice if possible.
- Set Up Requirements: It is a good idea to have two hours of set up time before people enter the presentation hall. So two and a half hours before the talk if door opens a half hour before the talk.
I like to give a minimum of two handouts to each student.Contact Annie about booking a presentation.